Thursday, 8 March 2012

Changable iPhone Cover

I have to admit, I did not want to join the iPhone masses. I was perfectly satisfied with my slide out, non data phone. It was pretty and purple and made me happy… until one day it wouldn’t text anymore. Oh dear. I immediately went to get a new phone and found out if would be cheaper to get an iPhone 4 than an ordinary cell (because the 4S came out and they wanted the 4 gone). Anyway, I have since become a convert. It’s a bit of an addiction. I don’t sleep with it on my pillow or anything but when I’m awake and not teaching it’s with me and turned on. The problem? While I love my phone I didn’t love the case. It was bulky and akward and the rubber stuck in my curly hair when I held the phone to my ear. When I saw these Scrapbook Paper iPhone Covers from Erin at How To Nest For Less I couldn’t wait to make one.


It was really easy! I bought a clear phone cover from a big box store. I traced the shape of it on pretty scrapbook paper and cut it out. I continued to trim little bits from the edges until it fit in the case. I then traced the camera hole and used a blade to cut it out. The edges are a little rough but it doesn’t matter because the cover hides that. It took about 15 minutes to make the first one and, using that as a template, less than 5 minutes to make additional ones.


P.S. Did you notice the watermark? I just learned how to do that tonight. :)

Shared on:

Positively Splendid   



 
 

Finished It Friday @ The Spunky Diva (I can't get the badge to work)

10 comments:

  1. Super cute Allison!! I have some of the same ones (the brown flower and the top photo). They turned out fantastic!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love that first patterned paper! I definitely want to try this! Pinned! If you get a chance I would love it if you could link this up to my party on Tuesday night. Have a great weekend!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! I'm always wanting a new case and it makes my husband so annoyed! Found you from positively Splendid!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Very cute for spring. Just popped over from Sugar Bee Craft's link party. Following along via GFC.

    Happy Tuesday!
    Kelly @ herringbone lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Just bought an iPhone 4S a couple of weekends ago and I need to get a case for it! Just may buy a clear one and use scrapbook paper! Thanks for the tip!

    everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea! The best part is that you don't have to pay soo much money for a new cover:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 'sew' doing this!!!!! I need a new case anyways, and this is perfect! Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. I featured this on my Facebook page!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I think I have a reason to peruse the scrapbook paper isle at Michael's now!! :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't have any idea how important blog you have shared with us, this is really a superb idea to make or customize our i phone cases cover. I have two iPhone covers, even though I am going to try your fabulous steps, I hope this will really work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).