Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Beaded Black and Silver Necklace

I apologize. This will be the worst tutorial ever. Ok, maybe not ever, but it won't be very good. In fact, I don't think I can actually call it a tutorial. It's more like show and tell.




This is the beaded black and silver necklace I made a few weeks ago. It makes me happy and I've worn it several times but kept forgetting to take photos of it. I probably would have continued to forget about it if Nat from North Shore Days hasn't posted these bracelets that reminded me of it. She also posted an awesome tutorial if you want to check out her instructions!




My necklace starts with a silver orb. To attach it, I put a jump ring directly through the orb and then through the chain. 

The second bead is a black stone wrapped in silver wire. I just loosened the end of the wire to attach it to the chain. 

Next are the two silver discs. I used a headpin and made a loop on either end. I attached the two discs with a jump ring and used jump rings on either end to attach the discs to the chain.

Finally, I used a headpin with two loops for the four black beads. I attached one end to the chain and the other to two silver hoops. I then used another jump ring to attach the silver hoops to the chain.

I repeated the pattern a second time and didn't actually measure how much chain went in between each bead/set of beads. I then put it around my neck and cut a long length of chain for the back, attaching it to the first and last beads with jump rings.



Here's the finished product again. Like I said, it makes me happy. I wear a lot of black so it matches my wardrobe very well and it is a quick way to dress up a not-so-dressy shirt for school.


Linked to:
It's a Party @ A Creative Princess
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order
Artsy Corner @ Artsy-Fartsy Mama
Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts

5 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous necklace Al - I need to make a few for the craft stall next month. Thank you so much for the shout out hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps - I gave you a shout out on my FB page too xxxx
    http://www.facebook.com/NorthShoreDays

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful necklace! You did a fantastic job!!

    So glad you linked up at Artsy Corner. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Black and silver is a good combination after all. The additional orbs are truly a good choice to complete this necklace. I suggest that you simply continue honing your craft and, surely, good things will come to you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! Looks like something out of a store. I bought supplies to make jewelry but it's my first time so I'm going with stringing beads but yours looks really professional!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).