Thursday, 18 October 2012

Earring Holder


Lately I’ve been trying to accessorize more but I find that if I don’t see my jewelry, I don’t wear it. I’ve been know to wear the same earrings for a month. As a solution, I’ve decided to make a few jewelry organizers to display my jewelry. I started with a small holder for my earrings, mainly studs. I know there are a lot of these floating around but here’s how to make one like mine.


Supplies:
Picture Frame
Paint and paint brush
Mesh and wire cutters or scissors
Staple gun with staples
Felt floor protectors
Eye screws
Ribbon

Step 1: Take the back and glass out of the picture frame and then paint the frame. We’re trying to pick a new bedroom colour (leaning towards blue or purple) so I went with white for the frame. That way it will match whatever colour we choose for our walls.


Step 2: Cut the mesh to fit the picture frame. I bought mesh with the smallest holes I could find because I want this to mainly hold studs (I have plans for something else for dangling earrings).

Step 3: Staple the mesh in place, pulling it tight as you go around.


Step 4: Add felt floor protectors (or whatever they’re called). These have helped protect my wall.


Step 5: Screw an eye screw (at least that’s what I call it) into each top corner. Use these to attach the ribbon for hanging. The reason I used ribbon is so that I can easily turn the earring holder to remove and replace the backs of earrings.


I've been using this for about a month now and love it. It's hung on the wall by my full length mirror so it's easy for me to pick earrings to go with my outfit, and has definitely helped me remember to accessorize.


Shared on:
The Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid, Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts, It's a Party @ A Creative Princess, Artsy-Corner Thursday @ Artsy-Fartsy Corner

1 comment:

  1. So cute - I have one to post about too - love the chicken wire - looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).