Sunday, 7 October 2012

Thankful

Do you ever find yourself looking at blogs and wondering how they manage to have everything look so perfect? I sure hope I'm not the only one. Please don't take this as a negative thing or a bash. I don't think it's a bad thing - the incredible things people do with their houses has given me something to strive for, lots of inspiration, and has made me more aware of how I present my own house. I try and make it look well loved and nicely decorated while still keeping it practical for J, the stepkids, and myself. This year I decorated for fall and even made a new piece of artwork.



With that said, I thought I'd keep it real. This was our Thanksgiving dinner. We had a yummy turkey and a delicious pumpkin roll for desert, but it definitely doesn't look like something out of a photo shoot. Yes, those are coats and hoodies hung on the chairs. Yes, the food was very crowded on the table. Yes, our serving utensils are crazy colours and don't match, the normal table decorations are sitting on the coffee table, and I forgot to put out napkins. No, none of that matters. It was a lovely family dinner with discussion about things we are thankful for and things we take for granted.

I feel that I have so many things for which to be thankful. 

Happy Thanksgiving.


Shared on:
The Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
It's a party @ A Creative Princess

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! We've never been very big on Thanksgiving in my family, though. The bf and I didn't do anything this year, not that I could've eaten it anyway, wisdom tooth acting up again. But it's nice to keep it real. I love your multi-colored serving utensils! Oh and those blogs with the beautifully decorated houses, well it's their job, and the rest of the house is probably a mess lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).