Friday, 26 October 2012

Weekly Organization Center


I have a confession; I don’t like buying things second hand. Gasp. Despite that, I often peruse the local buy and sell on Facebook because I’m convinced that someday I will find a gem. The other night it happened. I found a gem! I’ve had this Dry Erase Weekly Calendar from Crafting and Quilting pinned for a while. I saw the exact same frame for sale online for $5. I sent my darling husband to pick it up, sterilized it (I hate germs. Maybe that’s why I don’t like second hand), and got to work making my own weekly organization center.


The first step was to take out the glass and spray paint the frame. I went with navy because that ties in well with our kitchen/living room.

Next I cut out 8 different 4x6 rectangles of scrapbook paper. I debated using the same paper a few times but decided to put a different colour and style in each space.


I was going to use stickers for the days of the week but didn’t have any that I liked with the frame and paper. Instead I wrote the days of the week and “to do” by hand using a brown marker.

Finally I put it all together and hung it on the wall. J and I decided to hang it between our stove and our pantry. There was just enough space and it’s right above the counter where we keep paperwork and charge our phones so it’s a logical place to keep it.


On a separate note, we had our first snowstorm of the winter this week. Remember my vegetables that I showed you here and here? Well, this is what they look like now. If you look closely you can see the wire that held up my tomato plants. We had 30 centimetres fall between Sunday night and Tuesday morning. I guess winter has arrived.



Shared on: Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid, Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across, Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts, The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible, Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Day 31 @ Organizing Made Fun, It's a Party @ A Creative Princess, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order, Artsy Corner @ Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Organize It @ Organizing Made Fun

8 comments:

  1. I am coming over from Make the Scene Monday and I would love for you to come over and check out my Wool Dryer Ball Tutorial!!

    Have a Good Day!
    Ashley Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute. I hope I find such a frame. And I'm a bit jealous of your snow. We live in southeast Texas, so we never see such a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on pinterest and bought the frame at walmart for $10. I'm looking forward to hanging it this weekend. Your looks great and I love that you painted it navy. I'd like to paint mine a fun color for something a little funky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
    - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and pretty much everything about this. That snow is crazy!!
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you still dry erase on the glassy fronts? Since it is so close to your cook top I thought that greasy residue would tend to accumulate there and ruin the writing surface.
    Cute snow scallops on your fence... How ever did you manage that design? LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your organization center...very colorful like my Mommy-O's daily special board. Your blog is great...I'm following along on GFC so I can keep with all your amazing tips and creations. Thanks for visiting my Mommy-O's menu board and leaving the sweet comment so I could find you!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).