Monday, 9 June 2014

Graduation Centerpieces, Year 2

Last week our school held a graduation ceremony for the seven young men who have earned their high school diploma this year. As I've mentioned before, I teach at an outreach school and the strength and resiliency of my students never ceases to amaze me. It was an honour to help them celebrate their special day.      
     
 

Just like last year, I was responsible for making the centrepieces. Did you know last year's centrepieces are one of my most viewed posts? This year I just tweaked some things instead of starting from scratch. Rather than redo a new tutorial, please see the one from last year for the list of supplies and a detailed tutorial.



The only new part of the centrepieces were the name and year skewers. I decided to use a Cricut and cut out some quatrefoils in various sizes. I layered them, white on red or red on white, and glued them together. Next I added stickers with the students' names on the larger ones and the year on the smaller ones. 



I was packing up the decorations after the graduation so I can reuse some pieces next year and notices I was short a couple. It turns out that two of the families took the centrepieces as souvenirs, which I took as a huge compliment. 



While I'm on the topic of graduation, I made a bulletin board that was very similar to the one from last year. I matted the students' grade photos with red paper, added names, and changed the numbers in the year.      
   

Shared at: Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Home Coming, Tiny Sidekick, Ginger Snap Crafts, Kathe With An E, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., A Stroll Thru Life

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! The bulletin board is especially cute. Your students are lucky to have someone like you! Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).