Monday, 23 May 2016

Book Club & Delicious Cookies That Still Need a Name

Last month was my turn to host book club, and it was a great time. The book I picked for my month was The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity, which is not my normal type of book but one I really enjoyed and which led to great discussion.



Along with lots of wine, we also like some munchies during book club. I had several types of crackers and chips, salsa, and texas caviar



I also had veggies and dip, cheese, a couple types of turkey sausage, and pickles. Most importantly (besides the wine), I had several types of cookies: chocolate crinkle cookies, peanut butter cookies, and the delicious cookies that still need a name.



These cookies are absolutely delicious. I can only make them when there's a special occasion because they're too good to keep in my house. When I have them, I can't stop eating them.



Here's the recipe:

  • Over low heat mix together 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup honey, and 1 cup peanut butter.
  • Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips until dissolved.
  • Stir in 2 cups oatmeal, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup craisins, and 1/2 cup raisins.
  • Press into a greased 9 x 9 pan and let set in oven.If using a 9 x 13 pan, make 1.5 times the recipe. Double is too much.




As a side note, I really want learn how to make printable recipes to put on my blog but I can't seem to find a tutorial that actually works. If you have a tutorial you've used, I'd love the website!

Shared at: A Stroll Thru Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Divas Run For Bling, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Making It In The Mountains, The Kolb Corner

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! I want to be in your book club - all your goodies look and sound delicious! How about calling your nameless cookies "Can't Stop Eating 'Em Cookies" :-)

    I recently read The Rosie Project. It's a fun book and an easy read. If you like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, you'll love this book :-)

    I'm sorry I can't help you with your printable recipes dilemma. If I come across something, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking & sounding cookie! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Pinned! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).