Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Fails: Art Classes 6, 13, 15, and 16

While I've been pleased with most of my paintings from art class, there have definitely been a few that are just beyond saving. Here they are, in all their ugliness. Please, don't try to be kind. I've made peace with the fact that not every piece will be something I love.

Art Class 6: Pink Field



I absolutely love the sky in this. That's all I love. My perspective is very off and the flowers in the front just look all wrong.

Art Class 13: Red Lady



This is one of my all time most-loved quotes, and this piece was on track to be one of my favourites. However, I messed up a bit with the red and couldn't get the white to cover it properly. That just made it look like a hot mess.

Art Class 15: Boats



I don't know where to start. The pastel watercolour landscape is wrong. The boats are wrong. The only thing not wrong is the very little patch of trees on the left of the painting.

Art Class 16: Pastel Trees



This one was my first attempt at using pastels and I am not a fan. We used velvety paper which didn't go well with my texture issues. I also wasn't in the right headspace to make art on the night of this class. It just wasn't right for me.

Thankfully, those are all my fails so far. 4 out of 17 means I'm above 75% successful so I'd say that's a good average.

Shared at: Divas Run For Bling, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Made in a Day, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, The Crafty Blog Stalker

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I mean, yes you might say they're fails but I'm sure you learned something with all of them :) It'll be interesting to put them all side by side once you're done and see how you've grown! Thanks for sharing with the Wednesday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 75% success rate is a good percentage! The good thing about canvas is you can cover them with some gesso and reuse them. I'm a fan of recycling the failed paintings into something new. That way they feel more like a success in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear ya - I have lots of paintings that started out as something completely different that just didn't work out the way I'd hoped! So I painted over them till I liked them better :-) I have to say, I do like the first three paintings in your post. The last one is a little wonky, but it's all a learning experience, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only in the eye of the beholder! They look great to me. That's why we take classes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).