Saturday, 25 February 2017

Convention Crafting - Felted Wool Pendant and Paintings

Well hello there. As you may have noticed, blogging is not where I have been putting my energy lately. However, Thursday and Friday I had Teachers Convention and, despite many sessions that could have been beneficial to my teaching practice, I decided to take several sessions that look enjoyable, although not entirely relevant. The results were so exciting that I just couldn't wait to share.

Thursday I learned to make a pendant using felted wool. It was supposed to hold a crystal but we used marbles instead. I couldn't believe how quick and enjoyable it was to make this pendant. I didn't love the marble so I've turned that side towards my body, which makes it look like a solid wool blob. It's odd but I love it. What do you think? I'd love to get supplies to make another one or two.



On Friday my art teacher was doing several session so I signed up for two. The first was to paint trees. There's a whole story about what a tree represents and finding one that speaks to you, and I did just that. This one is copied from an image I found on Pinterest that appealed to me. I'd like to actually paint a larger version of this picture on canvas and make it more my own and less like the original inspiration.



My second session on Friday pushed me far beyond my comfort zone. We started using ink (like stamping ink) on wet paper, and then played with adding acrylic to make a face. Finally we added some drips and splatters. I need to go back and fix the area above the mouth, and I plan to add some script using quotes from one of my favourite poets.


As though that wasn't enough creating in a couple days, Friday evening I had a craft night with my book club. We painted wine glasses. They turned out really well and are currently curing at a friend's house so I'll share them once I've picked them up.

Shared at: Life on Lakeshore Drive, A Stroll Thru Life

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to get your art on, isn't it? Your pendant is very unique, and I love your tree painting :-) Felting is a pretty popular craft here. I've made some felted animals, but I'd really like to learn how to make a felting "painting".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).